Friday, November 6, 2009

Chapter Nine

What a tough chapter this was. But God has been with us so far and there's no doubt He was with you through this one. Through prayer and through God's divine power you were able to discern things about your child, even the sex of your child. I hope and pray as you worked this chapter you remembered Deuteronomy 31:8, "The Lord Himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." God will never quit you, abandon you, leave you behind or cease from you. God loves you too much. He loves our babies too and has taken excellent care of them. They are experiencing utter joy in heaven.
I have a scripture that has brought me comfort and I'll try my best to explain it as I see it. It is 2 Corinthians 1:5, "For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows." How long did we carry the burdens of shame and guilt? A year. Perhaps years. Either way that's a long time to suffer. Why did we feel that way? We knew it grieved God. We sinned. Jesus bore our sins. He suffered too. He experienced shame and guilt, humiliation. Do you see the connection? We suffered as He did. Now it's time to discard those emotions and move on. Through Christ death on the cross our comfort comes. Now that we fully internalize the depth of His forgiveness we can experience His comfort to overflowing. Allow it to overflow! He doesn't want His suffering, death and resurrection to be wasted another minute. Embrace the comfort He offers. Not only will we experience the comfort He offers if we embrace it we will love Him more deeply.
Having an opportunity to name my babies and provide characteristics was painful yet bittersweet. Being able to memorialize them gave them a place in my home and my heart. Because, as Sheila Harper said, our children were pure, blameless and spotless before the Lord they wait eagerly for our arrival. They have been blissfully rejoicing the presence of the Lord in heaven. And one spectacular day we will get to meet them.
What to work on this week is to banish any residual negative emotions you may have. Call on the skills you have learned. Focus on the heavenly realm your child is in and how one day you'll be sharing it with him or her. Praise God for the mighty work He has done in your life so far and for the love He has for you. Read your Bible, meditate on scripture and fill your mind with God.
Scripture to meditate on is 2 Timothy 4:18, "The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom. To him be the glory forever and ever. Amen." Also, Revelation 21:6-7: "He said to me, 'It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son."

No comments:

Post a Comment