Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Post-Abortion Study information blog - Susie

For many women the pain of past abortion is overwhelming. They live with guilt and shame, and as some studies have shown depression. As one of these women I was struggling in my christian walk and I just couldn't get close to God. I joined a community group, did bible studies, read the Bible, but I always felt like an outsider looking in. You see because of my past sin and my guilt I felt unworthy and exempt from God's grace. I truly believed eternal salvation was not in my future. This also affected my relationships with other christians and again I felt like an outsider. I was sure I was the only christian woman who had sinned in this way. I went on feeling far from God, feeling guilt and despair. Well, God started working on me through meditating, thinking on His Word and through my wonderful community group. God said to me, "Susie, your still my child and I can bear your misery no longer". Much like God told the Israelites in Judges 10, verse 18. I started to internalize and recognize in my heart that God did love me, that I was redeemable and that it grieved Him to continue carrying around all that guilt and shame. Guilt, shame, feelings of unworthiness are not of God. Of course, Satan loves it because it keeps us from growing closer to God. I finally understood what my community group leader tried to explain to me a few years ago from 1 John 1, verse 9, "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from unrighteousness". How healing and freeing God's Word became to me. I was forgiven and now I look forward to eternal salvation and a new heaven and a new earth.
My co-leader and I, with God's Word and guidance want to make eternal salvation and bring restoration to women who hurt from past abortion through a Bible Study called "Saveone" by Sheila Harper. The next study will begin in January, 2010. If there is any woman interested in this study and God's saving grace and have questions or comments, please post them and I will help in any way. Or you may call me at 301-843-1151 or email me at suzannemarie1223@verizon.net. Thank you.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for offering this wonderful study. As a Christian therapist, I know how many hurting women there are, and the two things that they all have in common is that they all think they're the only one, and they all think that God can't forgive them. Please, if this describes you, know that you are not alone, and there is an entire Christian sisterhood out there waiting to find one another. Let this study be the catalyst for the formulation of that sisterhood. God bless you, Susie, for stepping out of your comfort zone and offering yourself up to these wonderful women and to God. Sue McHenry

    P.S. - For those of you who are interested, this site allows you to post questions anonymously. The only reason you know who I am is because I put my name here. That was totally my option.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing grace, how sweet the sound...

    Even though the painful memory never leaves, I too found freedom from the sin of abortion when I put my faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

    Recently I've begun again volunteering at a local crisis pregnancy center and am preparing a post-abortion Bible study.

    Thanks so much for you blog!

    Cathy in Sonoma, Calif

    PS Please go here to read about 'My Pro-Choice Decision': http://enjoyingthejourney.blogspot.com/2009/10/my-pro-choice-decision-by-cathy-palmer.html

    1 John 1:7
    But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

    Revelation 1:5
    And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a dispicable site. I hope God forgives you for being such a self righteous condescending judgemental person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry that you feel that way, but I do know in my heart God forgives me as He forgives you. You have obviously not dealt with the pain and suffering related to past abortion. God bless you and take care.

    Susie Silva

    ReplyDelete